Governance Statement 2018 – 2019
The Governing Board has three core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and it’s pupils
- Ensuring financial health, integrity and value for money
We have a termly Full Governors meeting and two sub-committee meetings each term.
The Full Governing Body – Mr Roy Lewis (Shared Chair) & Mr Steve Smith (Shared Chair); Claire Donald (Vice Chair)
The sub groups are:
- Resources – Mrs Clare Donald (Chair)
This committee focuses on budget, staffing and health & safety.
- Curriculum and Standards – Mr Bryan Eastwood (Chair)
This committee focuses on the curriculum, assessment and the School Development Plan.
- During the course of this year, the governing body have restructured to a smaller governing body of 12 governors. The new structure is:
- 2 parent governors
- 1 LA governor
- 1 staff governor
- 1 Headteacher
- 7 Co-opted Governors
Since the role of the governor may have a conflict between professional life and supporting school life, we have a register of interests. If you wish to see this document, please click on this link to download it.
Please click the link below for more information on our governing body.